Tuesday 12 June 2007

Hello everyone,
I loved the open river walk on Sunday and managed to draw for a couple of hours. I had wanted to draw this particular scene since last years walk and the weather was perfect for it. I have done several drawings of the river at various points and must say that few places can rival the beauty of such a quinisentialy English landscape. The intimate and personal scale of the valley with its mix of domestic,farming and sporting use along with the blending of natural and man managed habitat make it a miniature jewel. It constantly surprises as each bend unfolds from tranquil countryside to powerful current. I hope I will be able to sit and draw this beautiful place for many more years.

Bill

2 comments:

Anna B Sexton said...

Fabulous drawing Bill - great to see you joining in with the blog. Still sad you cannot make the festival.
And keep on adding any images or thoughts that come to mind
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill

I'm so glad you enjoyed the walk, it was a lovley day - what a beautiful drawing and thoughtful comments! Thank you for posting - it's inspired me to post details of the work along the riverbank.

Best wishes

Charlotte